Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Froot Loops OO word Work

Hello Everyone!
Just a quick post today.  One of my favorite things to do is to create multisensory word work to help my kids experience everything they can about letters and words.  This week we are working on the short and long sounds of oo. Of course, Froot Loops had to come into the picture!! :) We had a good discussion about the correct spelling of "froot" and why sometimes we see words that are not spelled in the conventional way.  We looked at the words "sooper loopers" as well.  Sometimes people like to have fun with words!!. The kids did a great job of picking out Kellogg's creative spelling!! :)
 I made a quick recording sheet to go along with our word work practice today.  The kids were able to use almost every sense to experience and experiment with words.  They did a great job, and enjoyed munching on the leftovers!!!




For your loopy printable click here! :)

Or click here :)


Have a sweet night!
Joyfully!
Nancy

11 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I found your blog- this is super cute! Thanks for sharing!

    Tales of An Elementary Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Elizabeth!! The kids had a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw something of yours on Pinterest and thought I'd come take a look. I'm a first grade teacher as well. Thanks for letting me follow. :)

    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy, I am having so much fun blogging. Sometimes I wish there was more time in the day! :) My kiddo's parents love being able to take a peek into their kid's day!! Thanks for stopping by!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having trouble downloading this from Scrib. Any way you can email me a copy. dthomas@limacityschools.org Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful ideas! You have made my life as a first grade teacher amazing! You put the fun back into learning :)

    Ms. Tannehill, Leander Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katie Hervey Arlington, TXJanuary 25, 2013 at 2:53 PM

    I really like the idea! I teacher second grade and I am always trying to find ideas to help review the students on their phonics rules.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry, I left some typos... I am a second grade teacher : )

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had great fun here in Virginia using your Froot Loops activity for our spelling pattern practice today! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the freebie. I am excited to use this with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw your fruit loop idea on pinterest and loved it! Definitely keeping this one in the back of my mind to do. :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!