Saturday, March 17, 2012

Reading With Your Child

Hello Everyone,
Ways to become a better reader??  Read, read, read, read.  We've all heard that, but I think there is more to it...talk, talk, talk, talk.  Someone once told me that learning floats on a sea of talk.  I believe this to be true!  Classrooms are noisy places, especially when it comes to reading! Talking about reading is a must!  Today I want to share a little printable that helps parents in talking about the books they read with their kids.  I love the book "Catching Readers Before They Fall" by Pat Johnson and Katie Keier.  The list of parent tips was adapted from that wonderful resource.  Let's get those kids talking!!!
Click here for your printable
Or use this link for google docs download! :)


Happy Reading...and Talking!! :)
Joyfully!
Nancy
clip art- thistle girl

7 comments:

  1. I love this, but I can't downlad this document because it is blocked by our pop-up blocker at school. Is there a way I could have this emailed or do you have it posted on google docs? Thank you so much!
    ~Amber
    reddena@m-gsd.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber,
    It's on the way to your e-mail. Thanks for peeking into our window!!
    :) Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amber,

    This looks awesome! Could you email it to me too?

    Thanks!
    Angela
    (email: angela.harn@sdhc.k12.fl.us)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops....I was reading your reply to Amber as I typed in my comment. Sorry for using her name instead of yours! :(

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angela,
    I would also love a copy! It's perfect to send home with our monthly reading logs! The download won't come through, could you please email it to me? Thank you!!!
    -Jenn :)
    Sunshine222@rocketmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Everyone! I am working on converting everything to google docs. You can now get this printable with the second link listed. Thanks for your patience!!
    Joyfully!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to thank you as I have in the past for sharing your work freely with us. It is greatly appreciated and put to use in my classroom so often.

    Marybeth
    Cialinichat

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!