Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rub a Dub Dub

Hello Everyone!
Thanks for taking a peek into our wonderfilled world.  I know I am a blogging rookie, but I am loving the whole idea of blogging! Not only can the families with whom I work can get a close up look into their child's day, but I can also share ideas with other teachers.  I want to tell them to please feel free to grab whatever ideas you can.  I believe teachers should constantly be on the lookout for ideas to help kiddos love learning.  Teachers, we are all in this together...helping the next generation of leaders be the best they can be!!
I put a lot of emphasis every day on the importance of time spent with books in the hands of my kids.  Research tells us that the value of the time spent reading authentic literature is immeasurable! I want to share one of my favorite parts of my classroom. The place my kids love to read...and even "fight" over is our bathtub!  Rub a dub dub...Read a book in the tub!  I even have kids that want to come after school to read in the tub!! :) I found this old tub about 15 years ago, painted it red and filled it with pillows. It is a comfy, cozy, and inviting place to cuddle up with a book! OOPS! Don't get the book wet!! :)


 Happy Reading!!
Joyfully!
Nancy

4 comments:

  1. I have always loved the idea of a reading tub but my classroom is tiny. =(

    Do you have a Texas unit? Our's isn't coming up yet but I have some activities I can share with you since you are a Texas teacher too!

    I have your blog saved on my toolbar. =)

    I am so blessed to have found you Nancy...you make my heart smile!


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying right now!!! I am obsessed with claw-foot tubs and have come to terms with the fact that I will never have one because my house only has one bathroom. In comes the "classroom reading tub" idea! I love it!!! And I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Wheeler, I found my tub years ago, and knew exactly what I was going to do with it!! My team has been known to take naps in it!! :)
    Thanks for the peek!!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a cat iron bath tub in my classroom too! Have now for 20 years now! It is filled with pillows and considered to be the very best place to be during quiet independent reading time! I am the only teacher in our building to have one. Have become famous for it!!! Students come back years later and that's what they remember! That beautiful and very cozy bath tub!!!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!