Saturday, April 14, 2012

Let Them Do!

Hello everyone!
After my last post, I was reminded of the "inspiration" for what I try to do in my classroom. I believe kids need to DO instead of my giving them material to learn. It's all about teaching smarter rather than harder. Kids learn best when they are part of the work, when they are creating and making the connections they are ready for. This little printable helps me stay "where the kids are" and reminds me to light their fires instead of filling them up. It's all about doing! Doing leads to learning! Kid centered, not me centered!

Give them something to do!
here's your printable

Or better yet, HERE!! :)

Keep them "doing!"
Joyfully!
Nancy

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I feel like this is what my class and blog are about. I'm not into fluffy stuff. Regie Routman talks about real reading and real writing instead of "stuff" about reading and writing. Amen, huh? Sounds like we're on the same page.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I just read your post for Saturday, and I am once again inspired!!! Thanks for your honesty and for doing what you do for kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Nancy. It's wonderful to find someone else out in the world of blogging who's inspired by the same things as I!
      ❀ Tammy
      Forever in First

      Delete
  3. So true! Easy to get caught up in the cute stuff, but the real learning takes place when the students are the biggest piece of the learning and doing.
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just happened across your blog and I'm hooked!!!Awesome and inspiring ideas!!!!!
    :)Cher

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!