Friday, June 28, 2013

Eat Your Words Pack

Hello Everyone!
I have had so many requests for a single document that includes all my "Eat Your Words" word work printables.  So I finally had a chance this morning to combine all the pieces into one.  If you are not familiar with them...One fun, easy, yummy way to practice word chunks is by incorporating some kind of edible manipulative. By adding this element, kids practice writing and then zero in on the specific chunk by overlaying with an edible.  Each edible actually has the chunk in it that kids are working on. Kids will recognize and associate the edible word from environmental print!  Lots of connections going on!!  And then, of course, they get to EAT! ( I do have to be careful of any allergies or dietary restriction my kiddos have!) 
In this little packet you will get about 30 pages of "Eat Your Words" word work printables.  I've included 2 "random" chunk printables using Alphabits cereal and Cheez-It crackers. Sometimes you will be working on a chunk that has no clear edible choices. 
Here's a peek:





Hope this helps your word work time!!  
As always, thanks for stopping by for a peek into our world of wonder!!
Joyfully!
Nancy



9 comments:

  1. This is PERFECT!!!!! Thank you!!!
    Amy Burton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!!!!
    We love these and they are so hard to find on your website. THANK YOU! life just got sooooo much easier.
    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I love using these with my kindergarten intervention groups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so very much for sharing. It is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am one of your newest followers. You are so creative, I love this fun way of reading/writing with food.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely Fabulous!
    My first graders loved this last year and my new bundles of joy will this year will be just as excited, if not more!
    Thank you Nancy!
    Julie
    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Essae Chandran Institute has constantly tried to supplement important information and knowledge through books, Quality Improvenent posters and research papers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such awesome ideas! My team and I love using everything! The kids always have a "blast" and learn these with pleasure !!!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!