Sunday, December 15, 2013

New Year 2014

Hello Everyone!
I have had several requests to update my New Year unit for 2014.  While doing that, I decided to add a couple of things to go along with where we are in our curriculum.  I have added another poem/chant to help kids work on responding to rhythm, rhyme, and alliteration using voice and body, as well as written expression. 
I have also added a component practicing the hard and soft sounds of c and g. Oh! and there is a quick 2-d geometric figure activity. 
The unit ended up to be about 55 pages.  Here are a few pics.




















Have a great week!!! 5 more days for us and then winter break!!
Joyfully!
Nancy

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this great mini unit. I really appreciate your sharing. Happy Holidays!

    Carol T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such awesome ideas! My team and I love using everything! The kids always have a blast and learn!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thank you so much for this awesome packet. I am excited to use it with my firsties! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a terrific unit. My students will enjoy the activities. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the great new additions! We go back Jan 2, for 2 days, if you can believe it! So this will be perfect! Thanks again and I hope you had a wonderful holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Nancy! I just want to say thank you for the amazing units. I came in to my classroom to get ready before school resumes on Monday and I am just so inspired by you. You are so creative! I love the "think outside the box" writing ideas along with the fun poems. These are going to make our first week back so much more fun! The kids will love them, and it makes me more motivated to return after a long holiday break. I am so thankful for your blog, ideas, and generousity. Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year 2014!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!