Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I Heart Inflectional Endings

Hello Everyone!
I am so sorry I haven't posted anything lately...battling a crazy cough and cold. I think I'm finally on the upward swing though! Yahoo!
Today we reviewed inflectional endings. During D-5 I combined our "wordwork" and "work on writing" into one hands on visual where kids were practicing inflectional endings, and creating a seasonal heart!  We brainstormed and charted things we loved and created a little poem about those things. We read the sentences to be sure the endings were in place and then wrote the poem around a heart shaped piece of scrapbook paper.  Here are a couple of pics.


















Hope you are all staying healthy!!
Stay tuned for more fun! Thanks for stopping by!!
Joyfully!
Nancy





2 comments:

  1. So sorry you have been under the weather! Thank you so much for this lovely idea…I always love your concrete poems, and this visual is beautiful! Perfect to bring a little color into our drab, gray worlds right now (come on, Spring!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE the idea of using these adorable hearts as decoration! Since we were closed for Valentine's Day this year (due to snow and ice-crazy for Atlanta) I will have to do this next year!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!