Monday, March 31, 2014

"Egg"stra Special Math

Hello Everyone!
And Hello April!!  Welcome spring and welcome to some eggstra special math fun!  Today we worked on comparing and ordering numbers by playing a game we called "The Best Nest." I laid out about 20 paper egg shapes and a nest on the floor. (You know how much I love a good life sized math activity!)  The objective of the game is to fill in numbers on the eggs, knowing that there are not enough eggs for each number between 10 and 100...thinking about greater and less, number order, etc. The kids took turns drawing 2 number cards.  We had to decide which number we should put in the tens place and the ones place.  Then we had to decide where to put that number on the game board. We all worked together to help the number order work to get to "The Nest"--- 100!  Now that I have totally confused you, take a peek at some of some pics.





This and several more activities are available in my new "Eggs"tra special Math packet. Here are a few pics of what is included.















Well, gotta run! My son is coming home!  Nothing like baseball to bring my guys back together!!  So excited!!  We haven't missed a Texas Ranger home opener in years!!!

I do hope you stay tuned for another post coming soon! Sandra Markle and her animal books have inspired us again!
Have a great evening and thanks for stopping b for a peek!! Don't forget to leave a comment!!
Joyfully!
Nancy 



13 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh... 85 MORE pages of fun, creative activities from my absolute FAVORITE teacher blogger! Nancy, you are totally amazing and GENEROUS!!!

    Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful talent and ideas with the rest of us! Your posts always make my day and inspire me to keep improving my craft!

    Thank you!!! You are a BLESSING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat! Thanks for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great share! LOVE the Tapatan Chick board! Thanks!

    Mrs. Samuelson's Swamp Frogs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness!! This is amazing!! Thanks for sharing. You have such great ideas. I just love your blog the more I read it! I only wish I would have found it sooner...
    Melissa
    Keep Calm and Love First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks awesome! I can't wait to use this after spring break! Also, one of my friend's husband just got traded to the Rangers. Chris Giminez, he's a catcher. ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, I am constantly in awe of your creativity and generosity. I wish my children had a teacher like you AND you are a huge role model for me....such amazing ideas to be inspired by in my own teaching. Thank you for sharing!!!

    Carla M.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Nancy for all of your wonderful ideas! You are amazing and my class has enjoyed many of your activities! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing such wonderful things. I love your ideas and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    Ecommerce website

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Thank YOU SOOOOO much! Wendy 1stgradefireworks

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are truly amazing. Thank you for all of your hard work and generosity! I just happened to stumble onto your blog and it was the best accident that I've ever had!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is super amazing! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is for fellow educators, parents, and friends! I love reading and learning from your comments! Please share your thoughts!